NFL Free Agency Begins Today at 3pm CTR Time
ProFootballWeekly Eric Edholm shares his thoughts on the start of NFL free agency.
With an unusually high amount of free agent talent available (of course the fruits of last years labor war) the the balance of power in most divisions will shift!
This is a great breakdown of who that talent is and who has the money to sign them.
Time to look towards NFL Free Agency and the NFL Draft for 2012
With Superbowl XLVI in the rear view mirror we are now at the beginning of a new NFL calendar year.
At least this off season is one of trying to plan for you’re NFL teams season or fantasy football prospects rather than wondering if their will be a season at all.
Here are some dates to keep in mind moving forward.
- NFL Franchise tag can begin to being applied to one free agent player per a roster Feb 20th.
- The NFL Combine is February 22nd -28th
- Deadline to apply Franchise tag March 5th.
- NFL Free Agency Begins March 12th at 4pm eastern.
- NFL owners meetings March 25th - 28th.
- Mid April is the beginning for teams to have off season spring camps.
- The NFL Draft is April 26th - April 28th.
- Late July players report to NFL training camp.
- NFL Pres-seaon will begin in August.
- September the New York Giants host the 2012 NFL Regular Season Kickoff!
NFL.com Fantasy Football Winners and Losers of NFL FreeAgency
NFL.com has an interesting look at who lost and gained fantasy value as a result of NFL free agency.
SI.com is reporting that RB Ahmad Bradshaw will return to the Giants
SI.com is reporting that RB Ahmad Bradshaw will return to the NY Giants this season. The Giants appeared to have interest in Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams however the Panthers were very aggressive in their longtime RB. BradShaw was the only option left for NY.
Fantasy Analysis: Bradshaw continues to receive a bad wrap for fumbling the ball however he clearly was not given heavy pursuit by the majority of NFL teams.
Bradshaw ran for over 1200 yrds last season and received the bulk of the carries. Bradshaw also broke for 8 rushing TD’s but had 7 fumbles. He is honestly a mixed bag? Defintaly not a top ten RB but also not anything less then top 19. Don’t be afraid to pick up Bradshaw in rounds 3-6 as he will have value their!