ESPN.com While most fantasy football experts are not very kind to V Jax I say grab him!
Several things need to be considered here.
- This is Tampa Bay not San Diego likewise Freeman is no Rivers but I don’t think that is necessarily a bad thing. Rivers was not as impressive last season as he has been in the past. While Freeman has a higher ceiling to still develop into a big play QB.
- The Buccaneers are looking to keep the chains moving and occasionally stretch the field with an explosive play to Vincent Jackson. While this is similar to what the Chargers did Freeman has much less options at receiver than Rivers. Hence….
- NO Antonio Gates to steal explosive plays away from Vincent Jackson.
- The Buccaneers will look to establish a running game and from what I saw week one they have a serious running game. This will only help Jackson find seems in the defense making Jackson not so much a consistent option at receiver but an explosive option.
- Look for Jackson to be your on again off again receiver that has huge points one week but minimal points on another week.
Look no matter what happens I don’t view receivers as a consistent scoring options rather they’re hit or miss. Even leading fantasy football receiver Calvin Johnson hits and misses weekly. However when he hits he hits big.
I expect Vincent Jackson to hit big.