Sometimes the obvious isn’t that obvious but the Packers Jordy Nelson is an obvious starter. Now with a loaded receiving core I am certain that many fantasy football GM’s think that Nelson is due for a slip in production but a closer look at Nelson’s production reveals his relevance as the leading receiver.
Nelson has a 71% catch percentage according to FootballOutsiders.com rivaling his fellow receiver Randall Cobb which has defensive coordinators depending on man coverage. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers picks apart zone coverage and his accuracy and Nelson’s speed makes for a serious matchup problem for defensive coordinators.
So don’t hesitate to start Nelson this week and every week as he is certain to burn the Bengals secondary today.
Starters should never be benched even when the matchup is not in your favor.
You should start these players as well today,
- I like Buffalo Bills Steve Johnson against a good, not great Jets defense, but I think this game will reveal how much worse this Jets defense is without Darrell Revis. Johnson has two touchdowns and only 150 yards receiving thus far but I have a feeling he is due for a big game today.
- Last week I told you to start Chicago Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler and I will say it again, CUTLER IS A STARTER! You shouldn’t bench Cutler at all and facing a Stealers defense that simply isn’t as good as it once was. Cutler has identified his go to receivers and head coach Marc Trestman has given Cutler the play-calling options he needs but most of all Cutlers protection. Cutlers jersey is very clean after four quarters of football.
- I love San Francisco runningback Frank Gore today! Gore is a starter and should never be benched. Look for the Colts to surrender big yardage today!
Sleepers are the players who could emerge as possible future starters but show potential on game day due to a matchup or an injury to a starter.
Quietly Carolina Panthers DeAngelo Williams is quietly gaining ground from bust pick to sleeper. While he will play a difficult New York Giants defense this week but if you’re searching for a runninback to start then grab Williams. The Giants struggle against the Read-Option offense and today will be no different.
Here are some other sleepers to consider.
- Detroit Lions runningback Joique Bell has a huge opportunity to carry the running game against the worst rushing defense and yes, that is debatable, in the NFL.
- Indianapolis Colts receiver TY Hilton is looking like a very sneaky start today.
Bust, do I need to explain?
So your thinking that Oakland runningback Darren Mc Fadden is out of the woods right? Well guess again. McFadden is about to play a Denver Defense that shuts down the run and without star linebacker Von Miller.
Here are some other busts to avoid.
- Okay you can bench New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning now.
- New England receiver Aaron Dobson is not ready and with three drops in one game that has Brady very nervous. Aaron welcome to Revis Island.
If you are still uncertain who to start try this widget by NumberFire.com which is my preferred source for sabermetrics approach will simply compare your two choices at the position that is causing you a dilemma.